Wairarapa is always a great place to visit – especially in summer. How about packing a picnic and heading our way for one of these exciting events over the next few months?
- 2 January and 6 February: The Interislander Summer Festival Tauherenikau Races. What a great way to start the year! Enjoy country racing at its best, with both harness and thoroughbred racing on the one day. Find out more
- 6 January: The Wharekauhau Wine and Food Society Farmers’ Market. Buy directly from the producers at this superb farmers’ market, hosted by Te Kairanga Vineyard, Martinborough. Find out more
- 19 January: The 2013 Meandering Vineyard Lunch, Martinborough. This is your opportunity to visit four family-owned, award-winning boutique vineyards, meet and chat to the owners and winemakers, and enjoy fine wines accompanied by exquisite cuisine. Find out more
- 2 February and 2 March: Rotary Martinborough Fair 2013. This is a must-do event, with more than 480 stalls selling artwork, crafts, clothing, food and other quality products. Find out more
- 9 February: Classic Hits Winery Tour. Get your dancing shoes on and head to Martinborough’s Alana Estate for a concert starring Fat Freddy’s Drop, Anika Moa, Boh Runga and Hollie Smith together in concert, and The Adults, featuring Jon Toogood, Julia Deans and Shayne Carter. Find out more
- 17 February: The More FM Summer Vineyard Tour. Grab your chance to see some of New Zealand’s hottest acts at Te Kairanga Vineyard – Opshop, Missy Higgins, Che Fu and award-winning R&B songstress Aaradhna. Find out more